8-Point Thread Facelift
A specialised lifting facial treatment, to restore volume to the face using our advanced aesthetic technique for total facial rejuvenation.
How long it takes
Approximate treatment time is 30–40 minutes.
Return to work
Approximately 1 hour after treatment.
Approximately 24–72 hours after treatment.
How long it lasts
Approximately 12–18 months after treatment.
What is an 8-Point Thread Face Lift?
The 8-point facelift is a non-invasive specialised volumizing and lifting facial treatment. The treatment uses dermal fillers to enhance and discreetly lift the face for a total volumizing effect. The 8 point facelift is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that is designed to lift and rejuvenate eight areas of the clients face to create a more youthful appearance. The procedure is regarded as one of the most advanced non-surgical anti-ageing treatment. The treatment uses Dermal Fillers to target soft tissue that reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and firming sagging skin. It is mainly used in the mid-facial region to lift the area under the eyes, the jowls and curves of the mouth. The eyes can be opened up and in the cheeks and the temples regions, a natural shape can be restored. Dr Natasha will inject dermal fillers, to perfectly suit the client’s individual requirements. This personalised and individual treatment will result in a subtle and rejuvenated look. This avoids the artificial ‘puffed-up’ look which is sometimes associated with traditional surgical facelifts. The 8 point thread lift treatment is tailored to the individual’s facial characteristics and what they want to achieve.
What happens during the procedure?
Dr Natasha will begin the treatment by applying a cream containing an anaesthetic across the face, this will then be followed by a series of small injections. The 8 Point Face Lift uses dermal fillers to achieve the client’s desired look. These injections are administered to specific areas of the face (For example, the cheeks or under the eyes) or to the whole face, depending on the clients’ individual requirements. During the treatment, high-quality fillers are injected into precise points of the face to restore the youthful firmness and volume of your skin. Dermal fillers are a very effective treatment for tackling the skin thinning and sagging, that can happen with age, and the 8-Point treatment can ensure that the fillers are directed precisely where they are needed. Targeting all of the eight key points simultaneously ensures that your whole face is lifted at once, creating a very natural look. Using dermal fillers in just one part of the face can work very well when you need to tackle specific signs of ageing, but only the 8 Point treatment process can rejuvenate your whole face. The 8-point Non-Surgical facelift is a relatively simple procedure with minimal downtime and without the costs of expensive surgery.
What are the benefits of the 8-point lift?
- Feels and looks natural
- Enhances the overall shape of the face
- Lifts the structure and dynamics of the face
- Reduces dark circles under the eyes
- Redefines facial structure
- Adds cheek structure, volume and definition
- Smooths the skin, reducing lines and wrinkles
- Creates a more youthful look
- Treats the whole face, not just one specific area
- Results last up to 18 months using advanced techniques
- Replenishes lost skin volume resulting in refreshed and rejuvenated skin
Is the treatment painful?
There is minimal discomfort during the treatment. The new generation of dermal fillers contain a numbing local anaesthetic, which makes the procedure relatively painless. Prior to the treatment, an anaesthetic will be applied (if required) to keep any pain to a minimum. The treated area will be sore and tender for a couple of hours post-procedure, and tender for a few days post-procedure.
What are the risks involved?
There are minimal risks. Dr Natasha takes every precaution for a clean and safe procedure, only sterilised equipment and new syringes are used for every procedure in a sanitised environment. Clients should follow our post-procedure recommendations, and there should be minimal risks or complications.
What parts of the face are treated?
- Lateral cheekbone (zygomatic arch): The cheeks are lifted, enhancing the cheekbones and lifting the nasolabial folds.
- Cheekbone projection (zygomatic eminence): The cheeks are lifted, enhancing the cheekbones and lifting the nasolabial folds
- Anteromedial cheek: The mid-face and tear trough, treatment can lift and helps to reduce this sunken, worn-out appearance
- Nasolabial fold: Treats the nasolabial fold and corners of the mouth.
- Marionette lines: The 8 point lift improves the appearance of marionette lines
- In front of jowls (Pre-jowl sulcus): Helps to improve the appearance of jowls
- Jawline: the 8 point lift reshapes and lifts the jawline
- Lower cheek (parotid and submalar region): This area is treated with filler to enhance the natural curve of the cheek and jawline.
Do I have to pay for my consultation?
A £50 no-refundable deposit is required and can be used toward either the face to face consultation OR the treatment on the day.
- Dr Natasha will give a consultation, discuss and advise all available options with the client prior to the treatment.
- A thorough medical history will be discussed before each treatment is carried out.
- A discussion will take place at the consultation, as to the look and which treatment the client requires.
Once the client fully understands what’s involved with the treatment:
- A consent form is then signed,
- Pre-treatment photos are taken.
If the client is happy to proceed, then the treatment will go ahead.
Why choose Dr Natasha Clinics for my treatment?
- Honest, Private Fully Qualified GP advice and treatments by Dr Natasha Ranga MRCGP
- Experience and expertise in 8-Point Thread Face Lift techniques
- Fully trained in Advanced aesthetics procedures
- Save Face Accredited by Professional Standards Authority and is recognised by the Government and The Care Quality Commission
- Superior aftercare support
- Modern, comfortable and hygienic local premises for your consultation and treatment
- Past and present client satisfaction and feedback
- Dr Natasha Clinics only uses the highest grade FDA approved products for every treatment
What happens after the procedure?
Some clients may experience some slight swelling or bruising post-treatment, this is normal. The extent of how this affects the client usually depends on how easily they bruise, usually, it’s very minor. You may also notice that the injected area will be tender for up to 5 days following the treatment. Dr Natasha will give aftercare advice, and answer any questions or queries the client may have. Dr Natasha will arrange a future appointment date with the client, for a post-procedure checkup. Dr Natasha will also advise that the post-procedure recommendations below are followed.
How many treatments are needed?
The treatment is recommended over two sessions, usually one calendar month apart for the best results. Further treatment may be required after six months to maintain the skin’s appearance.
What are the possible side effects?
The procedure is very safe. There are minimal risks. There are no long-term side effects. Profhilo® is metabolised into the body.
Dr Natasha is very experienced and specialises in using Profhilo®. The most common side-effects include redness, tenderness, mild bruising and mild swelling. These usually resolve within a few hours, but bruising may last up to a few days. Dr Natasha will advise on any side effects before the treatment is performed.
What is the recovery time post-procedure?
The recovery time is usually between 24-72 hours post-procedure. It is highly recommended that the client follows the post-procedure recommendations to avoid complications. It is recommended that you avoid smoking after the procedure. Smoking can cause the skin to tighten and constrict and may shorten the life of the procedure and the clients overall look. We recommend not doing any form of strenuous exercise, going to a spa/sauna or drinking alcohol for the first 24-48 hours. If you are planning to have the procedure for a special event, we recommend having the procedure at least 4-6 weeks prior, as it will often take several weeks to settle in properly.
How long do the results normally last for?
The Profhilo® treatment results normally last between 4-6 months, this is dependent on the individual’s skin type and aftercare. After this time there may be a second treatment required. The client’s skincare routine may also affect skin pigment and definition. To help maintain the effects of Profhilo® we recommend that you have a treatment every 9-12 months.
DON’T have the treatment right before a big event. It is likely that your lips will swell, and you will likely want to have this treatment a week or two before you need to look your best.
DO have ideas of what you want. For example, like a haircut, if you can bring in pictures of what you are looking to achieve, it will be very helpful to Dr Natasha. But at the same time, DO be realistic with your expectations.
DO be prepared for a little discomfort. The products used for the injections, all have a numbing agent mixed in, but sensitive areas you are likely still going to feel some of the injections.
DO wait about a week to get a good idea of what your results will look like, and then please DO ENJOY!
Always stay hydrated.
Post Procedure Advice
We take aftercare very seriously. We highly recommend that the client follows the below recommendations after treatment:
- DO NOT Smoke for at least 24-36 hours (smoking is not recommended post-procedure).
- Avoid any hot drinks post-procedure as this can affect the filler.
- Avoid any alcohol consumption for 24 hours before treatment and 24 hours post-procedure.
- Avoid any exercise for 24 hours post-procedure.
- Avoid using any make-up or skincare products/spray tan/direct sunlight, sun exposure and do not use tanning beds.
- Avoid any water on the lips. Use a facial cleansing wipe to clean face, avoiding the facial area.
- Avoid touching or massaging the injected area, unless absolutely necessary.
- Avoid chewing gum and kissing.
- Use Arnica Cream (TM) after your treatment to help with any bruising or discomfort (if required).
- Apply cool compresses to injected sites for five minutes up to four times a day, if required.
- Restrict facial movements, where possible, up to 1-3 weeks post-procedure.
- Try to keep the head elevated while sleeping for the first 48 hours post-procedure to help prevent swelling.
- Sleep in an upright position, face-up, to help reduce any swelling (3-7 nights post-procedure)
- Avoid any dental appointments, facial appointments and chemical treatments (4 weeks post-procedure)
- Avoid excessive heat – swimming pools, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers for at least 48 hours post-procedure
- Paracetamol is advised to patients for post-procedure discomfort (Ibuprofen should be avoided)