Lip Fillers & Lip Enhancements
Personalised lip enhancement for natural-looking lips.
Lip fillers and contouring treatments that help to create a stunning natural look.
How long it takes
Approximate treatment time is 15–20 minutes.
Return to work
Approximately 1 hour after treatment.
Approximately 48–72 hours after treatment.
How long it lasts
Approximately 6–8 months after treatment.
What are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are used to help enhance the lip area and fill in thin or uneven lips. An injectable dermal filler with a Hyaluronic acid solution (HA) is used for the lip injections.
These gel-like fillers consist of a thick hydrating fluid that is naturally found in the connective tissues of your body. They are non-animal, scientifically stabilised products which also contain local anaesthetic, to reduce discomfort and inflammation during the injecting process.
The gel is injected into the lips or around the mouth to give a more defined look. The procedure can be tailored to the individuals’ needs, giving a more hydrated and natural look to the lips.
The ageing process causes your lips to naturally go thinner, lip fillers can be used to enhance the lips for the look the client requires.
Both men and women of all ages can benefit from lip enhancements. Lip fillers can be used to achieve your desired shape, definition and volume.
What is Hyaluronic acid (HA) and is it safe?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring polysaccharide (carbohydrate) in the human body. It is present in large amounts in the spaces between the skin cells, Hyaluronic acid provides moisture, firmness and suppleness to the skin.
The ability to produce Hyaluronic acid decreases with age. Hyaluronic acid is a powerful moisture-binding ingredient. Because Hyaluronic acid binds so easily with water it is used in skincare products as a superior moisturiser. If applied regularly it will increase hydration and improve the elasticity of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid may also repair collagen, improve the appearance of scars, and reverse free radical damage. Hyaluronic acid is suitable for all skin types and is completely safe.
What are the areas that Lip filler enhancement can improve?
- Improve the Philtrum column definition of your upper lip.
- Enhance the vermilion border and the lip outlines.
- Outside corners & sagging lines around the lips.
- Lift the edges of your lips to restore their youthful look.
- Creating a natural lip contour by enhancing the cupids bow.
- Flat lips & wrinkles around the lips.
- Improve the asymmetry of the lips.
- Smoothing vertical perioral lines (Smoker’s lines).
- Soften lipstick bleed lines.
- Improve the marionette area underneath the mouth.
What happens during the procedure?
Before the lip filler procedure can go ahead, Dr Natasha will give a detailed consultation, and discuss what areas of the lips are to be injected.
A small amount of (Non-permanent) Hyaluronic acid solution (HA) is injected using a fine hypodermic needle into the desired lip area. The treatment normally takes between 15-20 minutes to complete, depending on the areas being injected.
After completing a series of injections, Dr Natasha will then massage the client’s lips. This is to ensure the lip filler is evenly distributed around the lip area, and make the lips look even and smooth.
There will be a minimal amount of discomfort during the procedure and afterwards where the filler has been injected, this is normal. The procedure will give volume, plumpness and definition to the lips with a softer, natural look.
What are the benefits of having lip enhancements?
- All procedures are only performed by Dr Natasha.
- Treatments are safe and virtually pain-free.
- Dr Natasha uses a wide range of fillers and techniques.
- The lip fillers are none permanent.
- Treatments are tailored to the clients’ individuals needs.
- Fillers can be added to or removed at any time.
- A more youthful, pronounced pout and enhanced smile.
- None-invasive treatment with minimal recovery time.
- Improve self-confidence and achieve natural-looking lips.
- Dr Natasha is technique trained to a very high standard.
- Results are visible immediately, with long-lasting results.
- The only Clinic in Leicester to offer Lip Cannula & Lip Threads.
- Lip fillers give more volume and definition to the symmetry of uneven lips.
How much Lip filler will I need?
Dr Natasha will advise on the amount of filler that is required to achieve the client’s desired look at their consultation. The lip filler procedure, which requires medical knowledge and expertise, Dr Natasha will recommend the best course of treatment that’s best for the client.
The amount of filler required also depends on the client’s age, the current size of the lips, the looseness of the lips and the end result that the client is looking to achieve.
What are the risks involved with the treatment?
Dr Natasha takes every precaution for a clean and safe procedure, only sterilised equipment is used for every procedure in a sanitised environment.
Clients should follow post-procedure recommendations, and there should be minimal risks or complications.
The treatment is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women or anyone who suffers from any severe allergic reactions.
Bruising, redness, swelling and discomfort are all possible, and usually only last from one to a few days only. This can be treated with Aciclovir Cream(TM) immediately after the treatment (If required).
Dr Natasha will discuss any side effects prior to your treatment, and the client will be asked to fill out a consent form on their medical history. If you have previously had any cold sores around the mouth, the treatment may bring on an outbreak. Medication such as Aciclovir(TM) tablets or cream are recommended post-procedure.
Is the treatment painful?
This is a very common question. The lips are a very tender area and will be obviously sensitive to any injection. However, your lips will be numbed before the treatment is carried out. Most people can tolerate the injections, and find the procedure much less uncomfortable than they first expected.
Do I have to pay for my consultation?
A £50 no-refundable deposit is required and can be used toward either the face to face consultation OR the treatment on the day.
- Dr Natasha will give a consultation, discuss and advise all available options with the client prior to the treatment.
- A thorough medical history will be discussed before each treatment is carried out.
- A discussion will take place at the consultation, as to the look and which treatment the client requires.
Once the client fully understands what’s involved with the treatment:
- a consent form is then signed; and
- pre-treatment photos are taken.
If the client is happy to proceed, then the treatment will go ahead.
Why choose Dr Natasha Clinics for my treatment?
- Honest, Private Fully Qualified GP advice and treatments by Dr Natasha Ranga MRCGP.
- Experience and expertise in Lip fillers, lip augmentation and lip correction.
- Fully trained in Advanced aesthetics procedures.
- Save Face Accredited by Professional Standards Authority and is recognised by the Government and The Care Quality Commission.
- Superior aftercare support.
- Modern, comfortable and hygienic local premises for your consultation and treatment.
- Past and present client satisfaction and feedback.
- Dr Natasha Clinics only uses the highest grade FDA approved products for every treatment.
What happens after the procedure?
Some clients experience some slight swelling or bruising post-treatment, this is normal. The extent of how this affects the client usually depends on how easily they bruise, usually, it’s very minor. You may also notice that your lips are tender for up to 5 days following the treatment. Dr Natasha will give aftercare advice, and answer any questions or queries the client may have.
Dr Natasha will arrange a future appointment date with the client, for a post-procedure checkup. Dr Natasha will also advise that the post-procedure recommendations are followed.
What is the recovery time post-procedure?
The recovery time is usually between 24-72 hours post-procedure. It is highly recommended that the client follows the post-procedure recommendations to avoid complications or infection.
It is recommended that you avoid smoking after the procedure. Smoking can cause the lips to tighten and constrict, and may shorten the life of the lip augmentation procedure and overall look of the lips.
What are the possible side effects?
The procedure is very safe. Dr Natasha is very experienced and specialises in lip fillers & lip augmentation. Common side-effects include redness, mild bruising and mild swelling, this is usually minimal. These usually resolve within a few hours, but bruising may last for a few days.
What happens if I don’t like the end results?
Dr Natasha can inject a specially formulated enzyme called Hyaluronidase. This formula will dissolve the unwanted filler within a few minutes if you’re unhappy with the initial results. (Please allow time for the initial injections to settle.)
Dr Natasha will carefully inject the Hyaluronidase to the level of correction desired. A larger dose of Hyaluronidase may be required to completely eliminate all of the filler from the lips. Hyaluronidase injections are recommended to be delayed for several days post-procedure in order to allow for any swelling and bruising to subside.
How long will the results normally last for?
Normally the results last between 6-8 months. However, this is dependent on the individual, and if the post-procedure recommendations are followed. A follow-up treatment is recommended by Dr Natasha to maintain the look required by the client. Dr Natasha will discuss your next course of treatment if required at your aftercare appointment.
- DO let Dr Natasha know if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. (We can prescribe medication if required.)
- DO not have the treatment right before a big event. It is likely that your lips will swell, and you will likely want to have this treatment a week or two before you need to look your best.
- DO not take aspirin or any anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s Wort, or high doses of vitamin E. (Any medication or supplement that causes blood-thinning may increase your risk of bruising and bleeding.)
- DO have ideas of what you want. For example, like a haircut, if you can bring in pictures of what you are looking to achieve, it will be very helpful to Dr Natasha. But at the same time, DO be realistic with your expectations.
- DO be prepared for a little discomfort. The products used for lip injections, all have a numbing agent mixed in, but with an area as sensitive as the lips, you are likely still going to feel some of the injections.
- DO wait about a week to get a good idea of what your results will look like, and then please DO ENJOY!
- DO avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours before treatment.
- DO always stay hydrated.
Post Procedure Advice
We take aftercare very seriously. We highly recommend that the client follows these recommendations after treatment:
- DON’T massage your lips after your treatment (you may minimise the amount of volume achieved by squashing the lip filler).
- DON’T smoke for 24–36 hours.
- DON’T have any hot drinks.
- DON’T consume alcohol for 24 hours.
- DON’T exercise for 24 hours.
- DON’T use any make-up, skincare products or spray tan.
- DON’T use tanning beds and avoid direct sunlight and sun exposure.
- DON’T get water on the lips. Use a facial cleansing wipe to clean your face, avoiding the lip area.
- DON’T touch the lips unless absolutely necessary.
- DON’T chew gum or kiss.
- DON’T have dental appointments, facial appointments or chemical treatments for four weeks.
- DON’T go somewhere with excessive heat for at least 48 hours (swimming pools, sauna, steam rooms or hot showers).
- DON’T be scared if despite doing all the right things, your lips are still swollen and bruised.
- DO use Arnica Cream (TM) after your treatment to help with any bruising or discomfort.
- DO apply ice – if you ice immediately after the treatment it will help minimise any bruising.
- DO keep lips moisturised at all times. Use Aquaphor Cream (TM) or a good quality lip balm.
- DO take the appropriate anti-viral medication if you have a cold sore (as soon as possible).
- DO apply cool compresses to injected sites for five minutes up to four times a day.
- DO restrict facial movements (where possible) for 1–3 weeks post-procedure.
- DO try to keep the head elevated while sleeping for the first 48 hours to help prevent swelling.
- DO sleep in an upright position, face-up, for 3–7 nights.
- DO take paracetamol if you have discomfort (Ibuprofen should be avoided).
- DO always stay hydrated.
Book Your Appointment
FINANCE OPTIONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE