Dr Natasha’s signature injection technique to uncurl a lip, for a fuller lifted top lip.
How long it takes
Approximate treatment time is 20 minutes.
Return to work
Approximately 1 hour after treatment.
Approximately 24–72 hours after treatment.
How long it lasts
Approximately 3-4 months after treatment.
A £50 no-refundable deposit is required and can be used toward either the face to face consultation OR the treatment on the day.
Pain relief during injections
A numbing cream may be applied to the area prior to the treatment (45 minutes prior is ideal) Glad wrap may be used over the numbing cream to increase its effect.
Most patients do not bother with numbing cream because it takes so long to work and because the treatment isn’t very painful anyway.
Ice is always used to decrease pain and to reduce the risk of bruising.
What happens during the treatment itself?
The face will be cleaned with alcohol and chlorhexidine. Ice will be applied to the area briefly before treatment. Dr Natasha will inject approx 4 sites near the lips. Then pressure with gauze will be applied. The procedure itself can take less than 5 minutes.
Possible side effects
In general, treatment is very low-risk. However, headaches can occur in around 10% of new users and bruising occurs in a significant number of cases.
- Do not smoke for at least 24-36 hours (smoking is not recommended post-procedure).
- Avoid any alcohol consumption for 24 hours before treatment and 24 hours post-procedure.
- Avoid any exercise for 24 hours post-procedure.
- Avoid using any make-up or skincare products/spray tan/direct sunlight, sun exposure and do not use tanning beds.
- Use a facial cleansing wipe to clean face, avoiding the treated area.
- Avoid touching or massaging the injected area, unless absolutely necessary.
- Use Arnica Cream (TM) after your treatment to help with any bruising or discomfort (if required).
- Apply cool compresses to injected sites for five minutes up to four times a day if required
- Restrict facial movements where possible for up to 1-3 weeks post-procedure.
- Try to keep the head elevated while sleeping for the first 48 hours post-procedure to help prevent swelling.
- Sleep in an upright position, face-up, to help reduce any swelling (3-7 nights post-procedure).
- Avoid any dental appointments, facial appointments and chemical treatments 4 weeks post-procedure.
- Avoid excessive heat – swimming pools, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers for at least 48 hours post-procedure.
- Paracetamol is advised to patients for post-procedure discomfort (Ibuprofen should be avoided).
Book Your Appointment
FINANCE OPTIONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE